Sunday, May 4, 2008

100 Interesting Things About Me



Okay, I clearly have not updated my blog in awhile, but I do have lots of things to post, so watch for them. In the mean time, here we go:

1. I am 31 years old.
2. I live in Littleton, Colorado.
3. I have lived here for 13 years.
4. This is the longest I have lived any one place in my life.
5. I have lived in 7 different states.
6. I went to 5 different elementary schools, 2 different middle schools and 2 different high schools.
7. I graduated from high school in Middleton, Wisconsin June 4, 1994.
8. That almost didn't happen.
9. I haven't set foot in a classroom as a student since.
10. I believe college isn't for everyone.
11. I have some regrets about not going to college.
12. Mostly they are for social reasons.
13. I wanted to be a kindergarten teacher at one point.
14. Then I realized it required more school.
15. I think I have done pretty well without college.
16. I work at Expressions Photography in Littleton, Colorado.
17. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE my job.
18. I hope everyone gets a chance to work doing something they enjoy.
19. I am a workaholic. For real.
20. I work 10-12 hour days on average.
21. I find that a lot of times I work that much because I don't have anything better to do.
22. Yes, I do think that's kind of sad.
23. I have a hard time getting out of my box socially.
24. I enjoy being with other people socially, but I also find it stressful if I don't know them well.
25. I usually sit back and observe quietly and wonder what everyone is thinking about me.
26. I'm not conceited, I'm paranoid.
27. I have three siblings, a brother and two sisters.
28. I am the oldest.
29. I have three nephews, who I love more than anything else.
30. I don't get to see them nearly enough.
31. My favorite thing to do in the world is hang out with my family.
32. I love to travel.
33. I have been to 39 states.
34. I have been out of the country once.
35. I went to Canada for 2 days for work.
36. While I was there I met an Inuit and he told us about Inuit art.
37. There is a story that goes with that, but I'm not sure I believe it myself.
38. My favorite TV show is the Simpsons.
39. I don't watch that much TV.
40. I am obsessed with Sims 2.
41. I have been known to play it for hours at a time without realizing it.
42. I was a cheerleader in the 6th grade.
43. I had blond hair when I was little, but it has darkened into a muddy color over the years.
44. I found my first gray hair when I was 27.
45. My favorite movie is "While You Were Sleeping."
46. I am a sucker for chick flicks.
47. I love to read.
48. My favorite books are the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling & the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer.
49. I have a hard time concentrating on anything but fiction.
50. I love music.
51. I like or can tolerate pretty much all music.
52. Except death metal. But I don't consider that music.
53. The best concert I have ever been to was Peter Gabriel.
54. I would travel far to see him in concert again.
55. I am basically a slob.
56. I like everything clean, I just don't like to be the one that does it.
57. My most hated chore in the world is scrubbing the bathtub/shower.
58. I'm very passive-aggressive.
59. I'm also somewhat of a pushover.
60. My favorite store is Target.
61. I have been known to spend hours in there.
62. I'm usually in the baby clothes.
63. I eat out everyday, usually twice.
64. I wish I didn't.
65. Ice cream is my favorite dessert.
66. My favorite flavor depends on my mood.
67. When I read I usually adopt the mood of the part I am at.
68. For that reason, I try not to stop on a sad or angry part.
69. I have been known to take out that mood on those around me.
70. My favorite holiday is Halloween.
80. I currently have 6 different costumes in my closet.
81. I saw the 2nd & 3rd Harry Potter movies a week before the releases.
82. Yes, I have a wizard costume I wore to them. My mom made it because she's awesome like that.
83. I have been at the bookstore at midnight to purchase the 4th, 5th, 6th & 7th Harry Potter books when they came out.
84. I wore the costume to the 5th & 6th. (I didn't have one yet for the 4th and my friend Nik said I was too old to wear it to the 7th and it was embarrassing.)
85. I love the smell of fresh rain.
86. I HATE being hot. It makes me extremely crabby.
87. I have been in one car accident.
88. It was pretty bad; It totaled my car.
89. It was a hit and run by a (most likely) drunk driver.
90. I learned a very valuable lesson about keeping your insurance current.
91. Somewhere in the universe (probably prison) is a man that owes me almost $10,000 that I will never see.
92. I went almost 9 months without a car, but I have some extremely wonderful cousins who sold me theirs.
93. I can never adequately explain to or repay them for what that did for me. I am very lucky.
94. I really hate shaving my legs. It's a good thing I sleep alone.
95. I'm pretty sure this hasn't been that interesting.
96. I would rather shop for a swimsuit than pants.
97. I have no eyes when I smile.
98. This is a big reason I have glasses instead of contacts.
99. I am extremely sarcastic.
100. Stupid puns make me laugh. Hard. Especially when I am tired.

Okay, so that was actually harder than I thought it would be.

TAG-- I am going to tag Mandy since she is the only other one that I know of who reads my blog but hasn't already done their own list. Anyone else reading this, I am tagging you too, but make sure you post a comment on my blog so I know to check yours. Cheers.

4 comments:

Mabel said...

It's about time you updated your blog, I check it every day! I think the picture at the top is a little disturbing. That said, it was fun to read 100 things about you, although I already knew most of them.

Heather J. said...

I find it much more interesting to read 100 things about other people than to write 100 things about myself. Probably because I know all about me already. Glad that you did it. :)

Kimmy said...

So that was highly insightful. Did we all get the weird social paranoia tendencies from the Judds, or are the Jeppsons just as bad? I can't decide. It's nice to be able to blame some of our problems on genetics, though. I've always blamed my problem with that on moving. Seriously, though, very entertaining to read. I should start a blog.

Holly said...

Erin, I play the Sims 2 obsessively too!!! This is Heather's sister by the way...