Friday, March 19, 2010

Random Thoughts While Driving Home

Dear Mother Nature,
Can we talk about this weather?? {yes, I was actually composing a letter}

Perhaps an investment in new windshield wipers is in order. These aren't helping so much as smearing.

I should go home and update my blog. It's been an embarrassingly long time since I have done that. Maybe I should just start a new one and let the old one die alone in shame.

Where did all this come from? It was clearing up like an hour ago...

Seriously people, you live in Colorado, it's not like you've never seen snow before.

Ugh, I REALLY need to do the dishes when I get home... WHY didn't I get a place with a dishwasher? I wonder if I could pay someone to come over and just do my dishes.

Dude! Just because you have four-wheel drive doesn't mean you can act like a maniac!

"When you've only got a hundred years to live..." Oooh, I just realized this is the first time in forever this song has come on and I haven't immediately switched the station.

Is everyone playing commercials at the same time? What, do all the stations get together and plan this out so you HAVE to listen to commercials? They should make a station of just commercials. Of course, I guess that would defeat the purpose then because no one would listen to...

Oh my gosh, that has to be the biggest snow plow I have ever seen. I think it's gonna eat my car.

Why do I only think of blog posts when I'm driving? I can't even jot them down, let alone type them out.

I should probably do laundry when I get home.

I really love these new boots.

Maybe I'll watch a movie when I get home. Hmm.... "The Truth About Charlie" or "Mamma Mia?"

I should probably start packing a suitcase to go out of town this weekend, just in case. It is Colorado and you never know what the weather is going to do.

I REALLY need to get to the post office. I'm not sure anyone is going to buy the excuse that I don't know where it is much longer.

Sometimes the speed and randomness of my thoughts amaze even me. And most of the time I don't even realize I am doing it. These bits of useless fluff were all conscious thoughts I had while driving home. Keep in mind I only live 5 minutes from work. And that's if the weather is bad, traffic is heavy and I hit all the red lights.

2 comments:

Kimmy said...

I was totally following the whole train of thought. That's usually what mine do as soon as I'm aware that I'm on conscious in the morning. Kudos for actually going home and updating the blog, though. I usually think about it and that's where it ends.
I've had a few words with Mother Nature this last week, too. The snow had its chance to come down all it wanted in January...February...even March. Now it's past time and it's not ok to try and sneak in all the needed moisture when the flowers haven't come out yet. Enough! I wouldn't be so ticked if I hadn't just changed my snow tires over a week ago. Argh! Not ok.

Mandy said...

I totally LOL'd at these because I know that if I was sitting beside you in the car that is exactly what I would be hearing come out of your mouth. Thanks for keeping it real and updating the old blog. Its never too late. That's what I keep telling myself anyways.