Saturday, July 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Katie!

Today was Katie's 16th birthday. Wow... now that makes me feel old. I first met Katie when she was about 4 years old. I had seen her before, in the nursery at church where my mom was working. That summer, the Hunchback of Notre Dame came out in the theater and I had gotten tickets to a special screening that the Disney Store was doing. I ended up with an extra one, so I called up Sandy and asked if I could take Katie to the movies with me. Trusting soul that she is (she had no idea who I was, just my mom from the nursery) she agreed to let me take her first born to the movies. The rest, as they say, is history. Mwahahaha! (Did you like that evil laugh?)

I was watching her at her party tonight and it's hard to believe how quickly time has passed. From that sweet little girl I took to the movies, Katie has grown into a awesome young woman. She is crazy and silly and a great sister and friend. (Yeah, I posted the video, haha... you knew it was going to come back and bite you one day.) And since I am making myself mushy now, I will just say, Happy Birthday, KP! I love ya!

No comments: