Saturday, August 2, 2008

Breaking Dawn!!!

For those of you who know me, you know how giddy-stupid-excited I have been for the release of the final installment of the Twilight Saga by my favorite author, Stephenie Meyer. I have been not-so-patiently waiting for this book for over a year now, ever since I went to the "Eclipse" book signing at the Tattered Cover last August. I am absolutely IN LOVE with this whole series, and if you haven't read them yet, you need to run to your local bookstore and get them in hardback--they are that good.

Here is a synopsis of the first three books that I borrowed from The Twilight Saga (They summed it up better than I could...):

In Twilight, Bella Swan’s move to Forks could have been the most boring move she ever made. But when she meets the mysterious and alluring Edward Cullen, her life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. Up until now, Edward has managed to keep his vampire identity a secret in the small community he lives in, but now nobody is safe, especially Bella.

Star-crossed lovers Bella and Edward return in New Moon to find themselves facing new obstacles, including a devastating separation, the mysterious appearance of dangerous wolves roaming the forest in Forks, a terrify
ing threat of revenge from a female vampire, and a deliciously sinister encounter with Italy’s reigning royal family of vampires, the Volturi.

As Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger in
Eclipse, the third novel of The Twilight Saga. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob — knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella has one more decision to make: life or death. But which is which?

Anyway, being as excited as I am, when I found out that Barnes & Noble was doing a midnight release party, I immediately knew I HAD to be there. Katie and I went down to the bookstore at 9:00 a.m. to pick up our wristbands this morning, and to our excitement, we were near the front of the queue!!! We snagged the #34 & 35 slots!  (This may not sound super exciting to you, but last year for the Eclipse book signing, we were #312 & #313... it mostly means waiting for well over an hour for your book.)

I was so excited all day, I had a hard time concentrating on anything, but 
I made it thru the day and Katie & I headed out about 10:00. 
We hung out, had some Starbucks 
(who also stayed open for the release and even created a new "Vampire's Kiss" drink that I had to try--it was a vanilla bean blended creme with raspberry sauce...tasty!), listened to music, filled out the trivia contests and waited impatiently.

Midnight finally arrived, and we were 4th & 5th to get our books in our line. After we gladly shelled out our money (Katie has been saving hers since her birthday) we immediately headed home to get started. (Okay, it was just me, Katie was smart and went to bed.) I personally sat up until 4:30 a.m. reading and I finally had to force myself to go to sleep. It is that good! I won't say anything now, I don't want to spoil anyone else's experience. I am now torn between tearing thru the rest of it because I am dying to know what happens next and dragging it out because I don't want it to be over. I know all good things must come to an end... but what am I going to read now???
(This is Katie & I with our books last night/early this morning.   Aren't we cute??)

1 comment:

Megan DiMaria said...

Well? Have you finished it yet? Have you heard of the controversy surrounding this book?

Check out the 8/9 post here: http://noveljourney.blogspot.com/

~Megan