Friday, August 8, 2008

The tradition continues...

When my sisters and I were younger, one of our favorite things to do was build Barbie Kingdoms.  (Yes, you have to say it with the capital letters.  It makes a difference.)  We would use anything we could find (nothing was safe) and build the most elaborate Barbie houses we could.  The building of the Kingdom would take days and usually made a pretty significant mess, but that was the fun part.  In fact, I don't even remember much about actually playing with the dolls, just the creation of the houses.  Sadly, no photos exist (that I am aware of) of these masterpieces.  

This weekend, I took the opportunity to pass the Barbie Kingdom torch to Juju.  I helped her make a very large mess in the basement and we built our very own, brand new Kingdom.  Now, she has a really nice doll house with lots of furniture and accessories, but as I explained to her, the fun part is in using everyday items.  We collected everything we could find and this was the result:

No comments: